- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 2 cups fresh sugar pie pumpkin, roasted and diced
- 1/2 tablespoon sage leaves
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cream Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut whole pumpkin in half. Discard seeds or reserve for another use.
- Place pumpkin on a baking sheet, drizzle flesh side with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast flesh side down in oven with 1/4 inch water until tender but not falling apart, about 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool, peel away skin, and dice.
- In a stockpot over medium heat, melt butter and saute onion, carrot, apple, roasted pumpkin, and sage until all are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Puree the mixture in a blender with enough stock to make a smooth puree.
- Return the puree to the stockpot, add the remaining chicken stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer for 5 more minutes, lowering the heat if necessary so it does not boil.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Garnish with creme fraiche. Divide soup among 4 soup bowls and serve immediately.
Join our Monthly NewsletterAQUA TERRA Culinary publishes a monthly newsletter, Table Talk, to share recipes & tips on using fresh seasonal ingredients. You'll also get updates on our offerings and our new restaurant Point Pinos Grill. Join in by sharing your email below.
AQUA TERRA NotesWelcome to our Blog! Watch here for news and notes, announcements, and updates to our menus for kids! and @home. Choose a category below to narrow your search.
Everything [AQUA TERRA @home] was amazing. Perfect portions (looked smaller than it was – very filling). My husband was skeptical, but liked everything. I was very surprised he ate the eggplant & chard. His favorites were the fish and risotto (best risotto he ever had)…We followed your directions and everything was perfect. Thanks for adding fish to our weekday diet!
AQUA TERRA's fantastic cuisine is tailored to your individual needs and tastes and all the ingredients are chosen from local farmers and are sourced using the most sustainable methods possible. Not only is the food organic, but it is fabulous to taste. I highly recommend AQUA TERRA for all your catering needs! P.S. Try the truffle scented mashed potatoes - one of a kind!
Darcy W. on Yelp!
It has been so great seeing your business blossom! We were pleasantly surprised to find your tasty treats in the Carmel Valley Roasting company!! I actually go more because of them!
Alena D. from Facebook
While working at an event in Pacific Grove, I was able to taste the creations of Chef Dory Ford. In a word: Phenomenal! Unique, mouth watering, and according to the businesses principles, made with sustainable methods. A must for anyone who has a refined palate and a green spirit.
Jose E. from Yelp!