Recipe: Witches’ Fingers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 and 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking power
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup whole blanched almonds
- green food coloring
- red decorating gel (if desired)
- Cream butter and powdered sugar.
- Add eggs and extracts.
- Combine drys and add all at once, mixing to combine.
- Add green color to resemble witch’s skin.
- Scoop out by the tablespoon. Roll into a log, then shape to look like a finger. Crooked and knobby is good.
- Slash to resemble wrinkles.
- Place an almond on the end of each for the nail.
- Bake until firm and just beginning to color.
- Red gel can be used if a bloody finger is desired – dab around edges of almond or at the bottom of cookie
Meal type: dessert
Makes about 60 cookies
Join our Monthly NewsletterAQUA TERRA Culinary publishes a monthly newsletter, Table Talk, to share recipes & tips on using fresh seasonal ingredients. You'll also get updates on our offerings and our new restaurant Point Pinos Grill. Join in by sharing your email below.
AQUA TERRA NotesWelcome to our Blog! Watch here for news and notes, announcements, and updates to our menus for kids! and @home. Choose a category below to narrow your search.
It has been so great seeing your business blossom! We were pleasantly surprised to find your tasty treats in the Carmel Valley Roasting company!! I actually go more because of them!
Alena D. from Facebook
I've enjoyed Chef and Caterer Dory Ford's on several occasions, most recently at a Private Party held last night in Carmel and at numerous wine events including the Great Wine Escape and at the Harvest. I'm even more so impressed with his mission to improve school lunches starting at a local level.
Shiho F. on Yelp!
Everything [AQUA TERRA @home] was amazing. Perfect portions (looked smaller than it was – very filling). My husband was skeptical, but liked everything. I was very surprised he ate the eggplant & chard. His favorites were the fish and risotto (best risotto he ever had)…We followed your directions and...
AQUA TERRA's fantastic cuisine is tailored to your individual needs and tastes and all the ingredients are chosen from local farmers and are sourced using the most sustainable methods possible. Not only is the food organic, but it is fabulous to taste. I highly recommend AQUA TERRA for all your...
Darcy W. on Yelp!