Recipe: Witches’ Fingers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 and 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking power
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup whole blanched almonds
- green food coloring
- red decorating gel (if desired)
- Cream butter and powdered sugar.
- Add eggs and extracts.
- Combine drys and add all at once, mixing to combine.
- Add green color to resemble witch’s skin.
- Scoop out by the tablespoon. Roll into a log, then shape to look like a finger. Crooked and knobby is good.
- Slash to resemble wrinkles.
- Place an almond on the end of each for the nail.
- Bake until firm and just beginning to color.
- Red gel can be used if a bloody finger is desired – dab around edges of almond or at the bottom of cookie
Meal type: dessert
Makes about 60 cookies
Join our Monthly NewsletterAQUA TERRA Culinary publishes a monthly newsletter, Table Talk, to share recipes & tips on using fresh seasonal ingredients. You'll also get updates on our offerings and our new restaurant Point Pinos Grill. Join in by sharing your email below.
AQUA TERRA NotesWelcome to our Blog! Watch here for news and notes, announcements, and updates to our menus for kids! and @home. Choose a category below to narrow your search.
Everything [AQUA TERRA @home] was amazing. Perfect portions (looked smaller than it was – very filling). My husband was skeptical, but liked everything. I was very surprised he ate the eggplant & chard. His favorites were the fish and risotto (best risotto he ever had)…We followed your directions and everything was perfect. Thanks for adding fish to our weekday diet!
We were privileged to have the AQUA TERRA Culinary Catering team provide us with exceptional food, service, and presentation during our recent stay in the Carmel/Tehama area. They were always prompt, professional, and most of all caring for our whole group and their culinary needs as if we were family! Their food service and delicious meals were "the icing on the cake" for our birthday celebration week! Thanks to you all!
Linda F. on Yelp!
It has been so great seeing your business blossom! We were pleasantly surprised to find your tasty treats in the Carmel Valley Roasting company!! I actually go more because of them!
Alena D. from Facebook
Everything [AQUA TERRA @home] was amazing. Perfect portions (looked smaller than it was – very filling). My husband was skeptical, but liked everything. I was very surprised he ate the eggplant & chard. His favorites were the fish and risotto (best risotto he ever had)…We followed your directions and...