Recipe: Witches’ Fingers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 and 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking power
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup whole blanched almonds
- green food coloring
- red decorating gel (if desired)
- Cream butter and powdered sugar.
- Add eggs and extracts.
- Combine drys and add all at once, mixing to combine.
- Add green color to resemble witch’s skin.
- Scoop out by the tablespoon. Roll into a log, then shape to look like a finger. Crooked and knobby is good.
- Slash to resemble wrinkles.
- Place an almond on the end of each for the nail.
- Bake until firm and just beginning to color.
- Red gel can be used if a bloody finger is desired – dab around edges of almond or at the bottom of cookie
Meal type: dessert
Makes about 60 cookies
Join our Monthly NewsletterAQUA TERRA Culinary publishes a monthly newsletter, Table Talk, to share recipes & tips on using fresh seasonal ingredients. You'll also get updates on our offerings and our new restaurant Point Pinos Grill. Join in by sharing your email below.
AQUA TERRA NotesWelcome to our Blog! Watch here for news and notes, announcements, and updates to our menus for kids! and @home. Choose a category below to narrow your search.
While working at an event in Pacific Grove, I was able to taste the creations of Chef Dory Ford. In a word: Phenomenal! Unique, mouth watering, and according to the businesses principles, made with sustainable methods. A must for anyone who has a refined palate and a green spirit.
Jose E. from Yelp!
Great food. We love their AQUA TERRA @home. The food is amazing and the instructions to heat/re-heat is simple to follow. The kids love their school hot lunch too. AQUA TERRA does a good job at keeping kids interested in eating healthy foods.
Frannie H. on Yelp!
We were privileged to have the AQUA TERRA Culinary Catering team provide us with exceptional food, service, and presentation during our recent stay in the Carmel/Tehama area. They were always prompt, professional, and most of all caring for our whole group and their culinary needs as if we were family!...
Linda F. on Yelp!
Dory and his talented team are a godsend, providing an in home dining experience to rival the finest restaurant cuisine. Hopefully they will thrive preparing and delivering sustainable, healthy and deliciously prepared meals in their caring and attentive ways. Dining in with Dory is as good as it gets. Yes,...
George R. on Yelp!